Every user of Expo has their own Personal Account. With this account, we can safely identify you as the developer or owner of an app. You can use Personal Accounts for all features Expo has to offer. In cases where you take an action that doesn't specify which account it should belong to, it will default to your Personal Account
This account is just for you, never share access to this account for any reason.
If you are creating a project that may need to outlive your involvement with it, for instance a professional project for a company you work for, we recommend you create a new Organization for that project.
Common situations where Organizations are useful:
- Transferring control of a project
- Sharing access with others
- Isolating expenses for work projects that you need to submit expenses for
- Structuring projects for different contexts (e.g. work for different clients)
|Build projects to submit to App Store and Play Store||X||X|
|Release bug fixes with Over the Air Updates||X||X|
|Programmatic access with limited privileges||X|
|Transfer control of project to another user||X|
|Designate multiple users who have complete control of a project||X|
To create a new Organization, visit expo.io/create-organization
and sign in to your Personal Account.
You can also create a new Organization by selecting "New Organization" from the account selection dropdown at the top of your dashboard.
You'll need to choose a name for your Organization. Once you have created the organization, you will not be able to rename it.
To associate projects with an Organization, you will need to add the Owner key
to your project's app.json
If you have projects under a Personal Account that you would rather have as an Organization, it is simple and safe to convert to any project created under your Personal Account to an Organization. Simply visit expo.io/settings
and follow the prompts under Convert your account into an Organization
You will need to assign a Personal Account to manage the Organization as part of this process (You can create a new one if you don't already have another account).
We have taken a lot of care to make sure that all of the functionality that you and your users rely on will continue work as expected, meaning:
- You can continue to deliver OTA updates and push notifications to your users.
- You will still be able to use any iOS or Android credentials stored on Expo's servers.
- Any integrations using your personal access token or webhooks will continue to operate.
- Your subscription to Developer Services will continue without interruption.
- Your production apps will continue to operate without interruption.